From the Mountains of Montana to the Streets of London

In 2006, I uprooted my life to London for a Masters at RADA and Kings. This was a means to an end, a path to a coveted PhD in Performance Studies back in the States.

Days go by and I'm still here. That PhD gave way to new friends, marriage, two ridiculous cats and a burgeoning career as a solicitor.

Ah well, life is surprising and this blog is just a slice of what it's like as an American expat in London.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

First Tracks: Back in the Bozone

Hello! After spending the year in the culinarily challenged land of England, I'm back in Montana and ready to grill. Quite seriously, grilling may be the activity I missed the most. A grand summer night, cold beer by my side, a couple of marinated steaks sizzling on the Weber? Does it get better than that?

That said, London was by no means an epicurean bust. I found my favorite foodie place in the world: Borough Market. I sort of want to live there. Seriously, pitch a tent and chill all day amongst the fresh veggies, gorgeous flowers, delicious cheeses, fine wines and fascinating offerings like Ostrich meat. Anyone on their way to London: Go there. It's open all year, Thursdays - Saturdays.

This blog will be a catch-all, with reviews, recipes, recommendations, (probably some rants against movements like "Raw Food") and general yummy goodness. I do hope you enjoy :)

Cheers!

4 comments:

Chris said...

I'd like to point out that London is not a culinary wilderness. We just don't have the weather for grilling!

Although I acknowledge the exquisite agony of the Mexican vs. Indian trade off...

Jenny Salisbury said...

I'm so excited!!!
Coming soon:
The secret family recipie to Dutch Apple Pie
10 ways to eat a moose

Chris said...

I'm going to speculate on the ways to eat a moose...

1. With a spoon
2. Backwards
3. Before swimming
4. While the moose isn't looking
5. All in one go
6. With a white wine sauce
7. While singing Oh Canada
8. Fresh from the moosetrap
9. In a mousse
10.In Communist Russia, Moose eats you

Chicago Foodie said...

I'm so glad to have food guidance again from Miss Mo, even if it is just online.