From the Mountains of Montana to the Streets of London

In 2006, I uprooted my life to London for a Masters at RADA and Kings. This was a means to an end, a path to a coveted PhD in Performance Studies back in the States.

Days go by and I'm still here. That PhD gave way to new friends, marriage, two ridiculous cats and a burgeoning career as a solicitor.

Ah well, life is surprising and this blog is just a slice of what it's like as an American expat in London.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Great Mexican? In Utah? Never!

Okay, okay, so I've not posted in a while. Apologies. Work has dominated food in my life recently, though I'm attempting to correct that imbalance. So, going back almost a month... After picking up Anna Montana from the very sterile Salt Lake City Airport and escaping Salt Lake (slowly and through a traffic jam), we found ourselves in Park City. Main Street is fabulous! After studiously avoiding Robert Redford's posh restaurant, a family pizza joint and a dubious sports bar called the Hungry Moose (Northwestern was being trounced by OSU and I didn't want to witness it) - we found ourselves at Zona Rosa.

Zona Rosa is a fantastic two-story Mexican restaurant, right on Main Street. The food was marvelous. Too often Mexican food is either bland or far too busy. Zona Rosa had a perfect balance of flavors with a relaxed and chill ambiance. I hightly recommend the pork tacos or Caesar salad.

Unfortunately the rest of the trip lacked good food, but what else can you expect from gas station pizza and coffee?

No comments: