From the Mountains of Montana to the Streets of London

In 2006, I uprooted my life to London for a Masters at RADA and Kings. This was a means to an end, a path to a coveted PhD in Performance Studies back in the States.

Days go by and I'm still here. That PhD gave way to new friends, marriage, two ridiculous cats and a burgeoning career as a solicitor.

Ah well, life is surprising and this blog is just a slice of what it's like as an American expat in London.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Drawn into thew world of food photography


Woke up early this morning, and decided to peruse the NYT (before it throws up the pay wall!). In it was a hilarious little piece about the growing practice of photographing your food. For some, this has become an intricate ritual in their weight loss pursuit. For others, it's an attempt to document an increasingly fast-paced life, as French philosopher Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin wrote, “Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are.” Intrigued by this latter category, I think I'll give it a go. Who knows? It may encourage me to stop procrastinating and actually write in this blog o' mine. No worries, I won't be posting a glossy, staged pic of every biscuit, but for a start - here's my morning ritual: Coffee.



P.S. For those who are interested in the article - here's the link: People Who Photograph Food and Display the Pictures Online

No comments: